Viewing as a guest Sign up Log in
NOTICE: Icebound is currently in its Beta Playtest phase. Features, systems, and content are subject to change without notice. Please report bugs and issues in Bug Reporting.
Board Index » Feedback & Suggestions » Repair items. (cloth - armor)
Repair items. (cloth - armor)43 views
Log in with your shard account to reply, or see how to sign up.
X
Player
Posts: 41
2026-09-21 00:31:01 UTC#1
To prevent just anyone from repairing armor or clothing, I propose that repairs only be performed by someone with a skill level matching the item's requirements. I’m not sure if it works that way currently—I’ve tried repairing things, and failure results in some loss of durability—but if someone with only a few points in Metalworking or Tailoring tries to repair a Masterwork item, they’ll likely succeed (albeit with some failures along the way), which would take business away from the original crafter. That is the reason for this proposal:

For instance, let's say I have a specific crafted item; it could only be repaired by someone with a skill level of 75. If it’s a Masterwork piece, only someone with a skill level of 100 could repair it.


L
Player
Posts: 10
2026-09-21 00:40:23 UTC#2
Tailoring currently works this way. If you cannot create the item, you cannot repair it.
X
Player
Posts: 41
2026-09-21 00:43:11 UTC#3
Lexi wrote:Tailoring currently works this way. If you cannot create the item, you cannot repair it.

Yes, I think it works that way, but I’m saying it as an example:

Considering that with 60 skill you can craft everything that is currently available, maybe 65, but there are no items (except decorative ones) that require a higher skill level than that, I’m saying this because anyone with 65 can repair artisan and masterwork items. My proposal is precisely to prevent that. For example: someone with 75 can only repair artisan items, someone with 100 can only repair masterwork items.

L
Player
Posts: 10
2026-09-21 00:45:06 UTC#4
Oop, misunderstood. I'd support that.
A
Staff
Posts: 12
2026-09-24 12:01:41 UTC#5
There are crafts that go all the way up to 100 in every craft so I'm unsure where you're getting the "60 to craft everything". It also already works the way you are suggesting.
X
Player
Posts: 41
2026-09-24 12:12:25 UTC#6
Good to know. And I get that because I have metalworking (armor) and tailoring, I know you can make all the armor and all the cloth with less than 70 skill. Deco metalworking? Yes you need more. Attachments? Yes you need more. But I’m talking about items who need repair when get damage like armor and cloth. A wheelbarrow you need 80 but that don’t need repairs……
Log in with your shard account to reply, or see how to sign up.