This is all great feedback!
Generally the rat breeding stuff is its own thing not meant to be very mechanically viable and more for flavor, so I defer to Arven on fix it up for those QoL suggestions.
I think there may be combinations already to consider a master tracker in obscuring their tracks, but I'll get with Arven and see if we want to advertise.
Generally the main game's map is wall to wall snow, so its usefulness to just find a good storm resource will come into play as you can't lap the entire map in a few minutes. With that in mind, the reusability may be more beneficial as the spread brings in more scarcity. It'll likely always be more advantageous to hunt game over trapping, as the trapping is more something that you can set and log off, but I don't see issue with allowing a few more.
As I understand it (Arven may correct me), the bear trap should be useful on any PvE combat, as its not a passive set and wait, we haven't seen a bear in game yet, but if it's not feeling good for something like a boss in a dungeon, or an open field combat with a dangerous foe (another player, a bear, etc) it probably could use some improvements.
Some of these things likely are just small perks added to consider when having an edge in outlying situations rather than be why it's chose - like storm tracking usefulness is meant to provide an edge advantages in unique situations, such as trying to shake a tail and hide from enemies, or trying to position during to not alert enemies, etc. I'm not against the suggestion that things may show up in the storm, or other opportunities, but right now it's meant for less a reason to choose it, but more just a metric for the world should consider when weighing skillsets in situational events.
And I ABSOLUTELY intend to glow up the tracking menu! I'll use this feedback when I do so!