Viewing as a guest Sign up Log in
NOTICE: Icebound is currently in its Beta Playtest phase. Features, systems, and content are subject to change without notice. Please report bugs and issues in Bug Reporting.
Board Index » Feedback & Suggestions » Suggestions - Green Zone
Suggestions - Green Zone34 views
Log in with your shard account to reply, or see how to sign up.
X
Player
Posts: 41
2026-09-21 00:40:26 UTC#1
I understand that the green zone is a no-PvP area and that NPCs are invulnerable, but I would remove that status from the soldiers who are on guard and also make them attackable (maybe to prevent them from being massacred I’d make them as strong as a Prussian officer). I think this would be very useful for creating roleplay situations where a guard is found dead or where an outpost can be attacked by some faction. I would keep PvP prohibited between players, but I would remove it from the soldiers.
X
Player
Posts: 41
2026-09-22 21:27:35 UTC#2
Returning to the subject, I would say that it would be good if they let the player make the decision of free will to attack or not a player within a green zone, attack or not an NPC within the green zone. Do you attack a player? Well, the soldiers will attack you as in any server where you attack within a guard zone. Do you attack a soldier? Well, he will attack you. I think that creating this invisible barrier of NOT being able to attack an NPC breaks a little to what you want to take the server, where you seek to have a survival experience where it affects you the least as being a few minutes in the storm, but a magic shield forbids me to attack a soldier? That choice is left to the player, knowing that these acts have consequences. But if I want to take the role of a looter and kill as many British soldiers as I find to destabilize Boilertown? Why forbid me? Or let's do like Frostpunk where there are 2 different societies and don't force me to live in Boilertown if I want to be a scavenger or looter.
Staff
Posts: 27
2026-09-22 21:32:44 UTC#3
The Green Zone limts are to ensure we're not petitioned to interfere in matters of conflict between players as NPCs are plentiful enough to interfere. Soldiers are already grey named, but if a player wants to incite conflict by killing them they're welcome to DM me to set that up, but in my experience it's generally just ends in the players asking staff to punish the killer, rather than deal with it themselves, and everyone ends up unhappy.

That said we -do- want ways to circumvent that limitation with dueling, etc. and are going to try and implement it once we're there.
Log in with your shard account to reply, or see how to sign up.