I didn’t keep count of how many NPCs I killed that led me to suffer from several afflictions as a result of these actions. Honestly, I should have counted them; but well, I’ve reached the point of suffering from battle fatigue, uncontrollable laughter, crying, and paranoia. Maybe I’m forgetting something else.

I must kill the NPCs simply because the crying happened at inconvenient moments, but let’s assume that if the server has been up for 30 days, maybe for 20 days I’ve been killing NPCs — and a lot of them — so I think it’s fair how much my sanity has dropped.

Now then, feedback:

Does it decrease correctly? I would say yes. Maybe I don’t know what percentage or numbers are lost per NPC, but perhaps I would adjust it a bit, reduce it by half? I say this because in 20 days I’ve dropped a lot.

Consequences? Well, mostly in roleplay, since the crying was something… inexplicable, and the laughter too. Battle fatigue… well, it didn’t affect me too much. I don’t know what other symptoms one might end up having from low sanity.

Paranoia: here I’d like to expand a bit more. I haven’t seen any symptom at all. Maybe it would be good if the player heard voices, or the classic “drugged” effect in UO, where you see people in different shapes and colors; I don’t know, or what do you have in mind? Because literally I haven’t seen or suffered any symptom of paranoia.

I’ve rested these last 2 weeks and I almost don’t suffer from anything anymore, only paranoia and very rarely. I’ve already stopped killing, so soon I’ll probably return to my normal values; but it may be because my character rests in the room, eats well, and leads a “normal” life.

In summary, the system seems fine to me. I think the consequences are more “roleplay-oriented” than mechanical — I mean, they don’t affect the player in their gameplay.

PD: I also read that it can lead to the death of the char? Well, it would be interesting to know more about the drop in sanity and what it can cause to the char.