Viewing as a guest Sign up Log in
NOTICE: Icebound is currently in its Beta Playtest phase. Features, systems, and content are subject to change without notice. Please report bugs and issues in Bug Reporting.
Board Index » Feedback & Suggestions » New Jobs Systems - Shift Works - Scrip
New Jobs Systems - Shift Works - Scrip33 views
Log in with your shard account to reply, or see how to sign up.
X
Player
Posts: 41
2026-09-14 17:49:07 UTC#1
As a player who used to have a very large source of income just by killing NPCs (copper coins) and also the bonus of gathering resources, I give my opinion on what I think so far about the new change:

PROS:

I think it balances the economy much more, because for example my second character, who is a pure artisan with no combat skills, nowadays has a lot more scrip than my main character; and I have almost never left the camp, only to look for some materials that are still not sold on the market. But I say this, I could easily have chosen to be a pacifist because now I see that it will never be necessary to enter combat with a pure artisan, something that before maybe was necessary if you wanted to get some copper coins. I would say in favor that it fulfills the objective, which is to give more purchasing power to those who play as artisans.

It also has in its favor that some work shifts are shorter than others, so it is easy to rotate and always have something to do. And finally, I would say it has in its favor that all professions have jobs.

CONS:

The market still does not seem to have adapted because some prices are ridiculous, almost everything costs 1, 2 or 3, items that have much more difficulty and require much more skill than others, but well, this is not something that specifically happened because of this change. I think that when there is more scrip in the economy the values will adjust, but for now these days I think nobody wants to sell, they prefer to buy.

I would also say as a con that there is only one chance to gain skill when doing a job. I would like there to be, in addition to a chance, say a 50% extra chance to gain skill, whether 0.1 or whatever; so that you don’t have to fall into grinding to raise skills. Although the jobs at the construction sites still give skill gains every time you do a job there, which I think is good to keep, although of course it will be subject to there being constructions in progress. When there are no more, well, we will go back to the basic of creating objects or using a skill to gain skill.

I would like there to be more specific jobs that pay a little more, I would say: 25% skill, 50% skill, 75% skill and 100% skill, maybe reserving 75% and 100% for the live version; and that the payments are not so unbalanced either, 1/2/3/4 scrip, increasing 5 more fatigue points in each one. For example, 15 fatigue for the 25% jobs, so it would be 15/20/25/30. Someone with 100 skill doing a specific job that requires that level will consume more fatigue points but will earn 4 scrip.

And the last con: the camp is becoming very, very crowded. In the work area there are many NPCs and you cannot walk without having to dodge them or bump into them or bounce off them. It would be good if this was cleaned up somehow.
Suggestion: With so many items for sale on the market, I think it would also be good if the text box was a little bigger or the list of items was longer per page.

And maybe, depending on what the rest think (there have been no complaints yet), I would consider some system of unpaid jobs that consume MORE fatigue but give you a very high chance of gaining skill, because many of us do the jobs mainly to gain skill — at least I did that before scrip existed. That idea would be good: then you have to choose… do you want to get paid and a slight chance of gaining skill, or do you want to raise skill but without payment and with higher fatigue consumption? I think it could be an interesting idea.
Staff
Posts: 27
2026-09-14 17:56:11 UTC#2
Again, please be patient and wait until the system is fully implemented before giving feedback. It's a very complicated process, and I'm not done setting everything up.

Once it's ready to be reviewed properly, I'll be announcing it all in full with links back to the various places to provide insights. Thanks!
L
Player
Posts: 10
2026-09-14 19:15:12 UTC#3
"The market still does not seem to have adapted because some prices are ridiculous, almost everything costs 1, 2 or 3, items that have much more difficulty and require much more skill than others, but well, this is not something that specifically happened because of this change. I think that when there is more scrip in the economy the values will adjust, but for now these days I think nobody wants to sell, they prefer to buy."


The lowest you can price an item is one scrip and with so little in the economy right now it isn't really feasible to price things much higher. Once things balance out it will adjust.
X
Player
Posts: 41
2026-09-14 19:23:24 UTC#4
Maybe we also need some exchange? Like a reemplace copper coins for:
Pennys

100 pence = 1 scrip. 


Log in with your shard account to reply, or see how to sign up.