STORM

In general the idea is very nice, but I think it could have few upgrades to add it some more hardcore survival feeling. Of course these are just propositions.
- Increased stamina usage while running and some small chance to get hobbled state for few seconds. - to hinder mobility during storms.
- Decrease of LoS to 5-6 crates, everything that is outside of that range just does not appear on our screen. - hindering player visibility might also give nice touch to overall feeling. That could also boost a bit melee weapons about which I will give some thoughts later in this post.
- Turning off World Map while in storm. - this might be actually a bit too hardcore, but will definiately make it really dangerous to wander far away from any orientation points just before the storm.
- Cold resistance and/or Survival could mitigate partially all of these effects. - Maybe increase LoS by skill/20, decrease stamina loss, or not turn off the map at 100 skill.

WEAPONS

After playing quite some time in UO I see here the "standard" problem with weapons. With everything having equal DPS of 6, it always promotes "slower" swing weapons. This is simply because they deal high damage per hit, because of slow swinging, but the thing is, that you can run around while the swing time is resetting. That way you can just go blow for blow with someone that has lower swing timer, and be on top.
Similarly problem looks with same DPS for ranged weapons as for melee. If ranged weapons have same DPS as melee, why would you play melee. At worst you can just stand in one place with your ranged weapon and have same DPS as someone with melee, but you can use distance in specific scenarios.
With that being said, I think good solution is to have slightly higher DPS for weapons that are "faster" in swing. So that way if you "lock down" someone with heavier weapon, you are on top, but if he manages to run around and go blow for blow, he is on top. For ranged weapons, they should have slightly lower DPS, because they simply have range advantage. This partially also applies to PVM, not only PVP.

CRAFTING SKILLS

I feel like there is way too many crafting skills for online that can be expected. The skillcap is quite big, that's true, but having individual skills for making bottles, sculptures or printing seems a bit too fragmented. Also because of that some skills feel like they are really not too useful. I feel like some skills could be compressed together in one.

Overall the shard and beta is very nice, I like it.